Las Vegas, otherwise infamously known as Sin City, is the real city that never sleeps. You can feel the Vegas energy the moment you step off the plane and onto the Las Vegas strip.The flashing lights, the hottest nightclubs, the best DJs, amazing food, and the world’s most beautiful hotels? Yeah, it’s no wonder Las Vegas is the ultimate destination for a weekend getaway! If you’re about to hit Sin City with your best girlfriends and need to know where to eat, party, and relax, you’ve come to the right place!
What to Wear
Airport. Depending on where you are flying in from, your flight to Vegas can be a long one! We suggest you pack some comfy clothes for the plane ride, especially for when you are hungover on the ride back home. Trust us, a pair of yoga pants can go a long way!
Daytime. For a casual walk along the strip, pack a comfortable but cute outfit (what we like to call “comfy chic”). This can be anything from a cute romper, day dress, to jeans and a casual top. Always be mindful of the weather and dress accordingly.
Night time. Whether you are hitting the clubs, attending a show, or even going to dinner, definitely wear your Vegas best! Ladies, this means pack a set of your best party dresses. This is also the time to break out your sexiest heels. Vegas is the place to see and be seen! With any luck, a night club host may approach your group and offer a free VIP table with bottle service. This happened to our group every night, and trust us, it was the best way to experience the best of Vegas nightlife without paying the thousands of dollars or being forced to talk to creepy dudes.
Where to Stay
Choosing a hotel in Las Vegas can be a tough decision. After all, there are many amazing hotels with their own unique theme that it can be difficult to choose. There’s also the question of staying on the strip vs off the strip. Every time we’ve been to Las Vegas, we have always chosen to stay in hotels as central to the strip as possible. This will cut down on your walking time, cab/Uber fare, and ensure that you are close to all the action!
For a fabulous girls getaway, we recommend The Palazzo. It’s connected to The Venetian so it’s alongside all the shopping and dining on that side of the strip. Plus, the standard rooms are massive! Seriously, there is a living room area in addition to a separate area with the beds. Oh, and the bathroom is so huge that our group was able to get ready at the same time. For other ideas, we recommend The Cosmopolitan for its central location and glamorous vibes! Plus, it’s home to the best spa (see below) and one of the best night clubs, The Marquee.
Where to Eat
Breakfast/brunch. If you’re awake and functioning for breakfast or brunch, then you shouldn’t have much trouble finding a place to eat on the strip. For starters, there are many diners that are open at all hours, including a few Denny’s at different points on the strip. For those looking for a more upscale brunch experience, we suggest you check out Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris hotel. It’s Parisian themed which makes it perfect for your girls’ getaway. We enjoyed mimosas and various breakfast items as we took in the street views from the Paris hotel. Most days, however, we skipped breakfast and usually waited until later in the day where we snacked on random bites.
Dinner. For dinner with a view, we highly suggest Lago at the Bellagio! Lago is a tapas-style Italian restaurant in the Bellagio with front-row seats to the Bellagio fountain show. Be sure to make reservations and try to request outdoor seating so you can watch the show up close!
If you’re looking for a very upscale yet modern and trendy restaurant, we suggest you try Andrea’s Asian fusion restaurant at the Wynn. Other Asian food options include Tao at the Venetian which has an amazing ambiance.
Where to Party
Day clubs. The day clubs in Las Vegas can be a fun way to spend the day in the pool with your girlfriends. However, they can also be somewhat annoying because it’s the typical club experience under the hot Vegas sun with hundreds of sweaty strangers. We would suggest you either go for a little while (to avoid being exhausted later) or only go if your favorite DJ is spinning. We went when David Guetta was the DJ and we only stayed a few hours before going back to our hotel to rest up before we hit the town at night.
In our experience the best (and busiest) day clubs are Wet Republic at MGM Grand and Encore Beach Club at The Wynn. We also highly recommend you eat before you go, drink lots of water, stay in the shade, and avoid drinking too much because the dehydration can make you super drunk later (trust us on this one).
Night clubs. There are so many night clubs that it can make your head spin. However, we have been to Vegas enough times to know which ones consistently rank at the top based on how quickly the guest lists fill up. First up, the newest and best club is Omnia at Caesar’s Palace. This club was built especially for Calvin Harris’ Las Vegas residency and is one of the most difficult clubs to get into. Try to get on the guest list as soon as possible for his Friday night residency! We also suggest you arrive early even though Calvin Harris does not start until around 3:00 a.m.
The next two night clubs on our list are Hakkasan and Tao. Hakkasan is located at the MGM and while it seems a bit smaller than the other clubs, seems to boast some of the best DJs such as Steve Aoki. Tao is located at The Venetian, and while the music wasn’t always the best, had beautiful Asian-themed decor which makes it different than other Vegas night clubs.
If you’re interested in night clubs that also have an outdoor area, we suggest the glamorous Marquee and XS night clubs located at The Cosmopolitan and The Wynn, respectively. They are both super chic, play amazing music, and have an outdoor space when you need to catch your breath from dancing or cool down away from the crowds.
Where to Relax
After weekend of hard partying, you’ve earned yourselves a day of rest and relaxation! Fortunately, Vegas has the cure for that. Virtually all of the hotels on the strip have amazing spas with facial and body treatments, steam rooms, whirlpools, and massages. We chose to spend our last day at the Sahra Spa and Hamam at The Cosmopolitan hotel. Walking into the spa was like being transported to a relaxing Moroccan oasis! We were instantly welcomed with comfy robes and slippers, and light refreshments while we waited in a cozy room before enjoying our individual treatments. It was the perfect rejuvenating way to end our Las Vegas girls’ getaway!
- Don’t rent a car. Parking fees at hotels are expensive, traffic is terrible, and it’s not necessary if you plan on spending most of your time on the strip. Try to Uber/taxi or walk instead.
- Buy snacks/water. One of the first things you should do when you arrive is to hit up one of the many convenience stores and stock up on water and snacks. Trust us, you’ll need it when you return to your room at 5:00 a.m. and are dehydrated and starving!
- Leave early. Distance between the hotels/clubs/restaurants on the strip is deceptive! While everywhere seems close on a map, it will take you much longer to walk there – especially if you are in heels. Take an Uber or taxi instead! If you have dinner or show reservations, plan to leave at least 30-45 minutes before your scheduled time. Again, distances are deceptive and traffic on the strip is terrible.
- Scoring free VIP tables/bottle service. If your goal is to get a free VIP table with bottle service, don’t waste your time on the promoters on the strip. These are the guys that are wearing casual clothes and passing out tickets or offering to put your name on a list. Trust us, they will put anyone on that list. Instead, try to get approached by a club’s host. These are usually the guys dressed in nice suits and hanging outside the club entrance inside the hotel because they are in charge of the bottle service tables. In cases where they still have unsold tables, they look for girls to fill those tables to avoid making the VIP section seem empty. Hosts have more influence than the promoters who simply advertise for the club (although the promoters may make you think otherwise!). Also, the hosts know hosts from other clubs and can help you get in to the more exclusive clubs. For example, the host at Hyde was able to get us in to Omnia which was already completely booked because it was Calvin Harris’ night. It’s crazy, but it works!
- Have fun, but be careful. Trust your instincts, keep track of your girls, and have a great time!